Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vampire Weekend Show!!!

Julie and I, on a whim, decided to go to the Vampire Weekend show tonight at the Marquee. It was a blast! They are fantastic live. Seriously, his voice is just as good or better in person as it is on the album itself. They're really fun and the music is so happy it makes you wanna get up and dance your life away!!!

Go see them if you ever get a chance. It shall be a good time, I promise you that.

Oh, we've also decided that shows are really fun and we definitely need to go to them more often. There are a ton coming up that sound entertaining so perhaps I shall become one of "those people" who go to shows every weekend. Then go deaf at 20. JK JK. But seriously, maybe not every weekend or anything but going to shows sure is a blast and I am always so energetic and happy afterward. I have yet to be at a boring or just plain BAD performance.

So far, I have seen the following live:
Julieta Venegas w/ Los Abandoned
Spill Canvas w/ Sugarcult
Imogen Heap
The Kills
Vampire Weekend
the all-important Snail Quail on several occasions ;)

uhh.... I feel like I am missing someone important. I can't remember.

In a past life (aka I was young so I only have vague memories) I also saw:
dcTalk
Vince Gill
ZoeGirl

and I am sure someone else but again, my brain is not remembering everything right now.

Nevertheless, I feel as though I have missed out on a lot of good acts. So, let's go to more shows everyone!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hahahaha dc.talk. :) gotta lotta believers out there.