Monday, May 3, 2010

Lessons Learned

Taken from a past diary entry:

Just because you have everything in common with someone doesn't make them your soul-mate, you know?

Just because you have a crush on someone doesn't mean you love them. It doesn't even necessarily mean you should date them.

Just because someone is incredibly nice to you and just so happens to be attractive and single doesn't mean they like you "in that way".


I have learned these lessons the hard way. They suck. In a perfect world every one of those statements would say the opposite.

And the one I have the hardest time with is the last one. My whole life I've been the type to crush really easily. A guy shows the smallest ounce of consideration or politeness and I fall head-over-heels. Luckily, I'm learning from these lessons.

Next lesson to learn: boys are idiots and there's nothing I can do about it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

that first one is one of the hardest for everybody to learn, I think. but all of them suck, you're right.